Friday, December 30, 2016

Mannheims

Hi. I'm going to start sharing family photographs on this blog. I am blessed to have Hon family photographs because Mom inherited all of Grandma Hon's photographs of Hons and Mannheims. I'm blessed to have Matyn and Anstett photographs because Dad inherited them.

I'm going to honor Mom, who died in March 2016 by starting with the Mannheims. The first images are tintypes, sent with an undated note from Hazel Oppel (probably of Duluth, MN) to my Grandma Rosalia J. Mannheim Hon. The tintypes are of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph (Frances) Mannheim, Sr.(my great-great grandparents). Also here is a tintype of Joseph A. Mannheim(my great grandfather) and his sister, probably Mary.
Joseph E Mannheim, Sr. b. Prussia Germany 1835? married Frances surname?b. 1836? from Baden, Germany.

Frances Mannheim (Mrs. Joseph E Mannheim, Sr.) She looks like she is unhappy.
Joseph A. Mannheim  (b.1859 in MN, later married Elizabeth McKinnon-my great grandparents) and Joseph's sister, probably Mary Mannheim b. 1865 in Ill.


Joseph and Frances had 5 children:
Joseph A. b 1859 in MN
Francis b. 1862 Ill died by age 8?
Mary b. 1865 in Ill.
Elizabeth b. 1859  in MN
Anne b. 1870 in MN

The three sisters married Herman Oppel, Frank Oppel of Duluth and Victor Theirmer of Merrian Park, MN. Who married who is not specified. Hazel Oppel was  daughter of the girl in the tintype. This information is from family history and the Joseph A. Mannheim family Bible.

Next I will add images of Joseph A. and Elizabeth McKinnon and their daughters.


No comments:

Post a Comment